Advanced Tech Support

Nov 25, 2012
review #362303

This is supposed to be an online tech support better than the GEEK Squad.Since the Geeks aren't always available I thought this would be faster and better.

After everything had been installed and suposedly working I found that Explorer was't responding. When I did get online only Yahoo would open and not my AOL, and the JigZone website didn't respond. After more fixing and fiddling I could get the AOL homepage but the news headlines woldn't respond, and the Advanced Tech Support icon wouldn't respond. In all it must have taken at least 2 hours of my time and 5 emails to get everything back to the way it was before I had ever heard of Advance Tech Support.

I did manage to get them to give me a refund but the programs are still on my computer and I'm supposed to call someone else to get another part of my refund.All in all, Advanced Tech Support was difficult to use and having to explain the same three problems over and over seeens a little excessive.

63784a3
0.9
Had an experience with Advanced Tech Support?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Mar 26

I am experiencing exactly the same problems. They are worse than useless. You are luckier than me, at least you have restored your computer and had a refund. I am still fighting this. Will have to take this up with MasterCard.

Pat

Mar 10 Los Gatos, California

I concur with all of the above complaints. I responded to their email, thinking I was dealing directly with Microsoft. Of course, I wasn't. The Tecn in Boca Raton, Fla. ended up pushing more programs and I ***, like a fool. I authorize over $300.00 worth of programs and services. Then he asked me for my security code so he could immediately take over my computer to perform miracles in cleaning it up, getting rid of junk, fixing issues, etc. When he was finished I he had erased important things like all of me emails. He couldn't fix any of the problelms so he transfered me to an "advanced Tech." who obviously had not a clue what he was doing. It has been a nighmare. I called back and asked to be transferred to someone who could cancel my order. I was put on hold for another 30 minutes and finally hung up. This company should be reported to the authorities.

pissed customer

Nov 19, 2013 Foley, Alabama

wow, wish I had read these reports before I signed up..they have been working on my computer for three days...I have talked to 5 different techs, explaining the same problems over and over. i'm still waiting for my finale check up....$284.93 and my computer is slower than when I called in..

Educated American

Sep 14, 2013

You pay for tuns ups and infection removal, you people are idiots.
If you don't have the mental capacity to know how to not delete a file or remember where you put them, that's your problem. You can't fix your car, you take it to a shop, but no one says you can't do it yourself. Educate yourselves or don't own a computer. I can't swim, GUESS WHAT, I don't BUY A POOL....yes, I'm insulting the intelligence.
NOTHING IS FREE...EVER.
Bring your attention to the far right side of this site, they're probably ads using keywords from the page offering tech support.

Squirrel

Jan 01

Work for Advanced Tech Support do you?

ATS25

Sep 11, 2013 Boca Raton, Florida

Hello

I am very sorry to hear of the recent complications that you have experienced. Advanced Tech Support is dedicated to making our customers happy. We would like to hear from you directly so we can correct any and all issues you are experiencing.

Please reach out to us via one of our official support channels.
To contact one of our support agents please visit our contact page here: http://www.advancedtechsupport.com/contact-us.aspx

You can chat with a live chat support person from 8am to Midnight EST time 7 days a week. If you like you can call us directly at 1-800-978-4501 24 x 7

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmest regards,
John Hunter
Advanced Tech Support
atsrelations@advancedtechsupport.com

Sep 08, 2013

what remote software did they use?

Advanced Scam Support

Jul 21, 2013

All they do is rip people off by selling bunch of software's which in reality is actually a SPYWARE creating more entries in the event viewer and desktop to make it seem like your computer is doomed and in need of their expensive "support". Their employees are just there to up sell and earn a commission , not to really listen to your pc issues ... Oh and most of their techs don't really know anything about computers but a few simple tricks and hitting the scan button. Do your self a favor and stay far away.

Jul 24, 2013

Your right... advanced tech support rips people off on software. The hook is when a customer purchases cheap "scareware" such as pc cleaner pro, reg cure pro... etc offline.. the customer will then get an email showing that they must call this number to install the software... actually you can install it yourself but they dont want you to know that! Once you call in thats where they remote session into your pc and start telling you had bad it is. Sales will tell you anything to get you to buy... at first it sounds great but advanced tech support's work is horrible! Advanced Tech support is understaffed and will have your pc for hours maybe even days. Its BS and a SCAM. Advanced Tech Support also known as Inbound Call Experts LLC sells Panda and Malware Bytes software for up to 250$ USD but you can get the same software for 50 or less online! http://www.pandasecurityusa.com/antivirus-home/internet-security/

DONT FALL FOR THE B.S

-INSIDER :roll

A Very Dissatisfied Customer

Jul 08

LISTEN TO WHAT YOU SEE AND READ ABOVE! This really is a rip-off! I just spent a week trying....and I stress that word trying, to get something done to my computer. I did all-right! I got MANY more problems. All I wanted was to be able to set my computer clock! I was setting at my computer the entire day I called, doing what I was told to do. That night. Same situation....all the next day too! My back, neck, ear and everything about me was exhausted. What happened? I still have the same problem, plus a few more! Find someone who can help.....not hurt!

Mad Roofer

Jul 15, 2013 Oshawa, Ontario

Well I was a satisfied customer until july 13th 2013.
I had success with a computer tune up that was previously done.
However on THIS PAST Saturday I DECIDED TO HAVE THEM SERVICE MY MACHINE.
Huge mistake I left at 10;30 am and arrived back at my office at 1:45 To find my computer in limbo.
It is now 10:29 Monday evening and still now computer.
lost all my files,absolutely everything is gone.

All I get are apologies, the pr that worked on my computer should be fired.
My grief is mounting not sure what to do next
:( :( ,)

Bucky

Jul 07, 2013

I worked as a tier 1 tech for this company a few months back and have mixed opinions of their operating practices.

The first thing that concerned me was how they generate most of their business, largely through falsely advertised software.

Basically you download a program for $20-30 dollars with the promise that it will 'speed up' your computer. The number that you call to install the product is to their sales department.

At this point, they attempt to sell you their service by connecting to your computer and trying to make you believe that there is something terribly wrong based with your machine.

They do this largely by showing you a built-in windows application call EventViewer. The EventViewer shows instances that are normal and abnormal that are called events.

They also show you an application called Windows taskmanager which shows the programs currently running on your machine.

Next the tier one techs attempt to troubleshoot and take notes of the issue, and escalate your session based on the timetable that it will take to fix the issue.

Unfortunately, the business is highly unorganized and customers repeatedly call in with the same issue and are given false promises that they will be call back. Inbound calls are rushed and managers make announcements that you will be fired if your call lasts more than 20 minutes.

Whether or not they know it, they
... Show more

Tech 1

Aug 10, 2013 Boca Raton, Florida

I work for them now and find it insulting reading Bucky's opinion about ATS and what is done there!! What percentage of computer owners really know what they are doing and what it takes to keep a computer healthy? Maybe 10% know! The other 90% turn a computer on and off they go. I am proud to work for ATS and can say honestly what is shown to customers who call in is accurate! He is only right about one thing.....100% satisfaction or your money back! So as i read the reports on here about our company it upsets me. We use certified techs and repair computers plain and simple. You can't please everyone and as any business there are unhappy customers at times. So as of Bucky he was most likely fired for not being honest to customers to make his commission paycheck since there is a Quality Assurance department.

Mr Bucky

Dec 27, 2013

FOR UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS, ZERO RESISTANCE REFUND POLICY, ASK ANY LIVE TIER 1 FOR YOUR MONEY BACK AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A REFUND

Psst Bucky here aka ... can't reveal the real name but trust me I wasnt fired, I work in IT Security now! The day I quit I think Sidney Price died inside. Crazy story, for a couple months after I received commission checks.

Actually doing cool stuff with Linux firewalls, utm services, idps and signature analysis, fortigate config, device provisioning, auditing, PCI compliance, etc. Let me ask you, if I gave you two senarios which would you rather want: to get paid 1/2 as much to hear "20 minute calls" & "read your scripts" by mgmt or would you rather be respected and well compensated?---dude, we've got a snack budget. Not here to gloat as the road to my success has been a battle and I'm truly thankful. The beef I have is setting the right expectation across the board.

Do you think it right in how the sell these people on this product? Don't get me wrong, many if not most of the techs are awesome and thing would be better if they were allotted time to resolve issuesissues but you know in train we listened to the call of how an old lady was baited into buying the product. All of the trainee laugh as she has no clue. That's my beef. And if you think you making $13 bucks an hr is enough to live goodluck ...must be getting along on your good looks then.

Man, I wish I could look you in the
... Show more

Grammar Issues

Dec 27, 2013

Please excuse grammatical errors. Typing on a tablet...

0 0
Doc-Dave

Jul 02, 2013

On June 28, 2013 my elderly sister was on the computer when a popup from Advanced Tech Support came up for a free computer checkup. They claimed they found many problems and they could fix them for a fee. They talked her into charging $239 for repairs.
They not only did not repair the problems they crashed the computer, it would not reload. They wanted her to find another computer with a CD burner to create some kind of a disc; she was at a loss on what to do, all she got was the run a round. My sister came to me for help. I took her computer to a local computer repair shop, they found the Advance Tech Support tech no only deleted the files need to start the computer, they also deleted all programs and personal files.

NickC

Jun 30, 2013

As one of the TIER 3 tech's working here, I can say we are definately NOT a scam and we are actually trying to bring overseas jobs back to America, yes at every company you have problems, but we always guaranteee 100% money back. A lot of the times the pissed off consumers are the peopel with Windows XP running from 2000. I for one enjoy fixing peoples PC's but sometimes its just not possible over the phone so... Anyways thanks for trying us out.

Jul 15, 2013

Mr. Tier 3 is full of it !! First of all you have support offices in India besides Boca Raton!! Your ripping people off!! I've been working as tech for over 20 years. I know somebody who worked/works in the Boca office (off Yamato road in the T-Rex plaza in Boca Raton ,Fl between military trail and congress ave.) as a sales/tech rep. Since he is pretty much computer challenged , it was easy to figure out how they scam people after he told me what he does all day. Companies like this use "false positives" to make you think you have problems with your computer. They do this through phone calls and pop ups that say your computer has problems. They either hide files by modifying the attributes, properties or just delete the file or software you have. ParetoLogic software is terrible. The software displays false positives meaning you really don't have any major problems with your computer, but the software throws up a bunch of numbers and registry warnings to just scare the average user. It's so disgusting how they fool unknowing victims. Never let any company like this log in and take over your computer remotely. Call a local tech that that has a good rep. Even a retail chain, which im not a big fan of will do a better job and stand by there work if they screw up. Most problems users have these days are caused by virus's. Even the most popular,most expensive ,or highly rated anti virus program can stop all infections. Event viewer will always have entries that show an error.... Show more

Jul 15, 2013

Typo my fault....I meant to say "even the most popular, most expensive, or highly rated anti-virus software "cannstop or prevent all virus's. Nothing is 100% effective but i would not use any software from ParetoLogic to maintain my computer.

Jul 15, 2013

Typo my fault....I meant to say "even the most popular, most expensive, or highly rated anti-virus software "cannot stop or prevent all virus's. Nothing is 100% effective but i would not use any software from ParetoLogic to maintain my computer.

0 0

Showing 1-20 of 42 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Advanced Tech Support.
Filing a new complaint about
×